Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Cookies From Heaven (MMMMMMMMMMM!)

        Alright so I realized I have been posting that I am making things dairy-free, but I still use things with minimal amounts of dairy like chocolate chips and such; just a disclaimer for anyone that is completely avoding dairy :).
        Just the name of these cookies makes you fall in love, it has cake, chocolate chips, and reeses peanut butter cups!  I don't know how it could be any better.  Plus they are super easy to make and pretty fast!

Chocolate Cake Reeses Peanut Butter Chunk Cookies

1 gluten-free chocolate cake mix (I used Bob's Red Mill brand)
10 tablespoons buttery stick, melted (yes one stick plus two more tablespoons! I used Earth Balance brand)
1 large egg
1 cup chocolate chips
25 mini Reeses Peanut Butter cups (**careful if you are very sensitive these have the possibility of cross-contamination**)

Place reeses into a plastic baggie and crush them.  Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl (I didn't use an electric mixer, but whatever works for you).  It looks kind of crumbly, messy, and delicious. 

 Scoop onto parchment lined baking sheets about one inch apart and bake at 350 for 13-15 minutes.  It is kind of difficult to tell when they are done, I did mine for 14 minutes.  I was scared to over bake them, gluten-free stuff tends to dry out faster so just keep checking them. :) 
        Be sure and put them away right when they are done cooling so they don't dry out, it makes around 3 dozen so maybe freeze some.  ENJOY!


1 comment:

  1. Great article, Meg. Even better, GREAT COOKIES!!! Thanks for sharing your sweets and sweetly helping others find delight.

    ReplyDelete