Thursday, February 23, 2012

Choco Chip Cookies

        Best.chocolate.chip.cookies.EVER. I can't believe they are gluten-free! Neither could my friends! So every one needs to try out this recipe. I will put the exact brand of things I used in parentheses. Btw if y'all are having trouble finding any ingredients just leave a comment and I'll try my best to help ya out.
        I googled "gluten-free chocolate chunk cookies" and found a recipe, but I changed it up a little. It is delish! I wanted to eat all of them! But I was nice and shared them with my gluten and dairy free friend :). Sorry if this is hard to read! I tried my best.

Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 1/4 cups Gluten-free Flour (Bob's Red Mill All Purpose Flour)
1 tsp baking powder (I think all baking powder and baking soda are gluten-free? but check first!)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp xanthan gum
3/4 cup butter, softened (I used Best Life buttery sticks)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs 
2 tsp vanilla (again make sure it is gluten-free, I actually used almond extract because we were out of vanilla :P it was yummy!)
2 cups chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli dark chocolate)

Combine the first 5 ingredients in a bowl, set aside.  Cream the butter, brown sugar, and sugar in a large bowl.  Add eggs and vanilla, beat until well mixed.  On low, gradually add flour mix until combined.  Stir in chocolate chips.  Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet [parchment paper is always a winner], make sure they are 2 inches apart [not to the dot, but cookies spread out a lot].

Bake at 375 for 9-12 minutes or until light golden brown (careful not to over bake!!) Let stand a few minutes before transferring to cooling rack. ENJOY :)

1 comment: