Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving Mashed Potatoes (my favorite!!!!!)

My mom makes the best mashed potatoes EVER.  This year we had to subsitute pretty much everything, but the potatoes, because of me being dairy free.  I am going to post the original recipe, and then  in parentheses I will put what we substituted.  I made the mashed potatoes today and they are delicious!!

Mashed Potato Casserole

5 lbs. potatoes, peeled and chopped
6 oz. cream cheese (Tofutti brand Cream Cheese)
1 c. sour cream (Tofutti brand Sour Cream)
2 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 tsp. salt
pinch of pepper
2 T. butter (BestLife brand buttery sticks)

Cook potatoes in salted water until tender.  Drain, then mash until smooth.  Add remaining ingredients and beat until light and fluffy.  Cool slightly and spoon into a large greased casserole.  Dot with a little more butter.  Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes.  This can be prepared 1-2 days in advance.  Remove from refrigerator about 1 hour befor serving and bake.

Tofutti brand just sounds disgusting, but the mashed potatoes taste like normal ones.  I promise!!  The sour cream is weird by itself, but I had some in my chili tonight and it was good :).  Hope y'all enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. CAN'T WAIT on the mashed potatoes!!! Thanks for finding a friendly recipe so we could keep this dish in the Thanksgiving meal arsenal. Great job sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for making the potatoes, baby!

    ReplyDelete